What is the Emotions Museum?
A unique interactive museum about emotions! It uses interactive exhibitions, play and fairytales, in order to encourage children and teenagers to discover their emotional world, to learn more about themselves and others. Moreover, it sensitizes adults, parents and teachers on subjects which deal with the children’s emotional development and socialization.
Member of Association of Children’ s Museums HOI «Hands On International».
Which is the museum’s philosophy?
As children grow up they usually get confused with their emotions, they feel the need to understand themselves and the world that surrounds them and find their own meaning in life. Harmonic emotional development helps them to become creative, sociable, tolerant and happy adults.
How does the museum achieve its purpose?
- It creates and presents interactive exhibitions, which promote self-knowledge through play.
- It gives life to the exhibitions for school groups with the help of museum animators.
- It creates activities and workshops which encourage self-knowledge and communication between children and adults through play.
- It holds annual workshops for children.
- It holds seminars for adults.
Who is the museum addressed to?
- To children from 5 to 15 years old
(entrance to the Museum is permitted for children over 5 years of age)
- To families
- To adults who accompany children (parents, grandparents, teachers…)
- To adults who are interested in the emotional development
When can foreign visitors visit the museum?
Saturdays and Sundays: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
At weekdays in June, July and September special family program in English,
starting hours 9 a.m. or 11 a.m. (phone reservation required)
The museum is closed:
- on public holidays (1/1, 6/1, 1/5, 25/12, 26/12)
- on national holidays (25/3, 28/10 )
- on Christmas Eve
- on New Year’s Eve
- from Good Friday to Easter Monday
- In August
For further information please contact the secretariat of the museum.
Information daily (except Monday): 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Tel.: +30 210 9218329
Fax: +30 210 9218323
Κaratza 7, 117 41 Filopappou